1. Which desktop are you planning to use?
2. Will that proprietary, mission-critical application run on the new platform?
3. Does your corporate headquarters get a kickback or benefit from Microsoft?
4. Is your IT department up to the task?
5. Is your hardware supported?
6. Do your employees use a lot of removable media?
7. Do your employees use a lot of removable media?
8. Are you using Active Directory?
9. Are you attached to licensing fees for software?
10. Do some of your employees fit the Linux user experience more than others?
Read more on this here